KPMG is one of the most trusted and respected global professional services firms. Through depth of expertise, clarity of insight and strength of purpose we help our clients solve complex challenges, steer change, strengthen, transition and grow. We are looking for talented people who share our purpose of inspiring confidence and empowering change for our clients, our people and our communities.
KPMG is seeking a Solutions Architect with desired experience in clinical information system implementation projects. The Solutions Architect will work within a team to support the relevant Project Manager(s) in the execution of the project approach and associated plan with the business, team members and the vendor/s as required.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
The Solution Architect will be responsible for:
- Working with relevant stakeholders
- Reviewing vendor deliverables and providing technical assurance
- Documenting information flows from various legacy, retained systems and systems being procured, define the data model retained and legacy systems and how it supports the business scenarios.
- Working with vendors and key stakeholders in defining the data model for creating reports and views.
- Analysing architecture risks and issues, and providing hands-on support and expert guidance relating to solution architecture.
The role will require working closely with:
- Program Architects, Business Analysts, Project Managers, Test Team members and other program resources.
- Clinicians, Business and System stakeholders.
Skills and Experience
In order for the suitable Candidate to effectively execute the requirements of the request for service, it is required that they must display clear evidence of proficiency in the following skills and experience requirements:
- Demonstrated experience in working within an architecture team on large scale system implementation programs.
- Demonstrated experience within a clinical information system implementation project.
- Thorough understanding of Service-Oriented Architectures and experience with an ESB and ability to work with integration patterns is essential (InterSystems Ensemble ESB platform is preferred).
- Very strong verbal communication and experience in communicating with all levels of stakeholders and project team members to elicit requirements and translate into a solution architecture document.
- Minimum 8 years of experience in IT, in hands-on solution architecture roles.
- Minimum 2 years solution architecture experience in a healthcare environment.
- Degree in IT or relevant industry experience.
- Strong experience in working with Architecture Development Frameworks (TOGAF is preferred).
- Working experience with HL7 standards and technologies including gathering requirements, scoping and analysis, data modelling and, mapping.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills – ability to fit in with a high functioning team and work with a varied set of stakeholders.
- Excellent problem solver and critical thinker who is able to synthesise information and recommend solutions.
- Self-disciplined and resilient – ability to stay calm under pressure; is proactive and persistent in the approach to achieving goals
The KPMG Difference
Our people are focused on creating a diverse and dynamic environment that embraces and values differences. We value the variety of unique experiences, qualities and characteristics our people possess and we share and learn from each other.
We are proud to be consistently recognised as an employer of choice for women, and for our achievements in LGBT+ workplace inclusion.
Our commitment to ‘Flexibility’ allows our people to manage the changing demands of work, personal or family life. Explore the links below to hear our people share their experience @ KPMG:
Flexibility empowers wellbeing
Flexibility enables contribution to the community
Flexibility inspires technology & innovation
Flexibility supports family
Make KPMG the clear choice for your career and be Extraordinary!