- Close to public transport and cafe precinct
- Immediate start
- Asset Management experience desirable
5-month contract opportunity working on Asset Management System project in Geelong CBD
Your new company
Hays Recruitment Geelong are currently partnered with a major employer in Geelong CBD to appoint a Senior IT Project Manager for a 5-month contract.
Your new role
In this role you will manage allocated technology projects, to ensure they are delivered safely, to a high-quality standard within agreed time frames, budgets and quality.
This will require you to:
- Prepare business cases to obtain funding for Technology projects under direction from management and executive
- Ensure the most appropriate end-to-end solution is chosen and implemented balancing people, process, technology, data, constraints and timeliness
- Ensure the effective initiation, planning and delivery of strategic projects; on time, within budget and satisfying agreed quality criteria
- Manage the financial management of technology projects including the preparation of project financial forecasts
- Manage the project management resource requirements, ensuring the project has the right people, including the use of internal resources and external consultants, to deliver the project
- Manage the people change management relating to the project, following ADKAR methodologies to ensure stakeholders adapt to changes
- Lead the quality management of technology projects
What you'll need to succeed
To be successful in this role, you will bring:
- Extensive relevant and practical experience in technology project delivery (ideally Asset Management related)
- Project Management Certifications such as PMP, PRINCE2 or similar
- A passion for technology and a proven ability to deliver change in a technology environment
- Proven ability to provide project guidance and support to stakeholders, developing relationships, trust and rapport at all levels
- A collaborative leadership style, with proven capability to lead and develop teams in dedicated and matrix team environments
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills and an ability to clearly articulate messages to a variety of audiences
What you'll get in return
This role offers an immediate start and potential for extension (depending on performance, and further project requirements). You will be working in an award-winning office in Geelong CBD with sit/stand desks, a wellbeing room, parent facilities, bicycle storage, showers and more.
Temporary and contract workers through Hays also enjoy a wide range of benefits including:
- Weekly pay cycles
- Your choice of superannuation fund
- 24/7 online timesheet submission and approval
- No hidden costs, fees or payroll deductions for our services
- No invoicing required for Pty Ltd contractors
- Regular contact and post-placement care with local consultants throughout the duration of your assignment
What you need to do now
At Hays, we value diversity and are passionate about placing people in a role where they can flourish and succeed. We actively encourage people from a diverse background to apply.
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV via our secure portal.
For further information prior to application, please contact James Flanagan (Manager) at Hays Geelong via firstname.lastname@example.org
If this role isn’t quite right for you, but you are looking for other PMO, Project Manager or Project Coordinator opportunities in Geelong or South West Victoria, please get in touch for a confidential discussion.
SA Licence number : LHS 297508