United Cinemas (Opera Investments Pty Ltd) are in need of a full-time Digital Technical Services Manager.
The Digital Technical Manager - Digital Cinema Technical Services will be responsible for the cinema presentation quality and staffing of facility management positions. This will involve site projection and sound installations, inspections to check in cinema presentation and general condition, including but not limited to digital projection and sound, SMS server and TMS condition.
- Setting and maintaining cinema presentation quality in conjunction with management
- Setting policies and monitoring cinema checks, spare parts and budgets
- Where necessary site visits to check on in-cinema presentation and general site condition
- Provide technical telephone support to location/projection managers.
- Overseeing development of upgraded cinema presentation manual [that includes DCinema and AV presentation] and other manuals as required.
- Where required overseeing staffing of projection management positions
- Projection and sound equipment management including projection TMS and SMS server cleanliness, operational maintenance and serviceability.
- Liaising with operations staff on budgets and site performance.
- Ensure all work is carried out in accordance with Occupational Health and Safety guidelines
- Any other duties as required to fulfil the function of this position
- Competent understanding of cinema operations and AV presentation
- Understanding and knowledge of digital cinema and AV presentation including live satellite shows
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to solve problems by analysing and interpreting data
- Strong IT skills in computer networks and systems maintenance down to IP level
- Advanced PC skills including some knowledge of Linux OS.
- Internet user
- Software packages – MS Excel, MS Word, Powerpoint, and specialised TMS, LMS and SMS packages.
Qualifications and Experience
- Preferred Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- Proven track record with at least two (2) years of experience in DCinema complex installation.
- Installation of DCinema equipment to DCI standards
- Certified to install Christie DCinema projection Equipment
- Certified to install Dolby Atmos sound equipment
- Cisco Certified Network Associate accreditation advantageous
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
Salary: $105,000 per annum