We are urgently looking for a highly skilled Chief Technology Officer (CTO) for a client based in Sydney, who will be responsible for a small and medium enterprise. The right candidate will provide leadership to the technological sector in all aspects of the business. The CTO is tasked to communicate with employees, stakeholders and clients to ensure the use of technologies for organizational growth. The respective person will be entitled to executive decision making with technology decisions behalf of the company, managing the technology budget and decision making in investments to align the company to lead in to technological needs. The candidate should be a strategic thinker, an effective communicator and should be an expert in technological development.
- Develop technical aspects of th business to ensure alignment with it’s business goals.
- Initiate with all technology functions to manage all IT services, security, solution delivery and transformations to the business.
- Supporting the business to enhance eCommerce, Applications and Business Intelligence.
- Mentoring teams and other departments in line with business objectives and deliverables.
- Conduct research to improve technologies used in the company environment.
- Oversees budgets to maintain standards in expenditure in both Hardware & Software.
- Safeguarding the risk of outside breaches by developing methods to stop outside breaches and protect internal and external client information.
- Responsible for internal communication systems; email and instant messaging etc.
- Implementing proper internet plans and usage polices for employees.
- Manage digital media assets while using technological assets to help ease use for employees and clients.
- Work with web development teams to enhance company website and increase site reaches.
- Make presentations to the top level management.
- Taking responsibility of development and possible implementation of policies in disaster recovery plans.
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science or related field or MBA preferred.
- 8+ years of working in a technological role.
- 5+ years of managerial experience.
- Advanced technological skill set and a demonstrated history with technology.
- Exceptional team management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Ability to delegate efficiently.
- Extensive industry knowledge with an eye towards the future.
- Advanced IT Knowledge.
- Critical Thinking.
- Interpersonal Skills.
- Technological Analysis.
- Website Development.
- Research, Business.
- Computational Skills.
- Excellent Written and Oral Communication Skills.
- Public Speaking, Presentations.
- Team Building.
- Industry Knowledge.
- IT Terminology.
- Computer Network Development and Maintenance.
- Client Management.