- Big Data Engineer (Hadoop)
- 12 Month Hourly Rate contract
- Advanced analytics/big data platform project
Hadoop (Hortonworks) - Apache Kafka - Apache Spark - Data Migration - Data Modelling - Platform Administration
Your new company
You will be working for a Large Federal Government Department in Canberra.
Your new role
As the Big Data Engineer you will be facilitating the development and deployment of new capabilities within the Department. You will be focused on developing best practice data streams from the source systems. The role will also involve Systems Administration activities, vendor engagement/product evaluation and on-going maintenance of infrastructure deployed at regional sites.
What you'll need to succeed
- Proven experience with the development of data streaming and processing pipelines using Apache NiFi, Apache Kafka and Apache Spark.
- Data development and management experience including but not limited to data migration, modelling and analytics.
- Experience in the administration and support of a Hortonworks (or equivalent Hadoop) platform
- Proven experience implementing role based access control within a Hadoop platform.
- Proven system implementation and integration skills, including but not limited to; systems configuration and change management process and documentation.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and work effectively within a team
- Expertise in the following technologies:
- RHEL Linux (or similar) administration and support experience
- Graph databases.
- Database administration and management experience including but not limited to Microsoft SQL, Oracle and NoSQL technologies.
- Experience working in the government sector especially with agencies that run sensitive solutions
- Experience with containerisation technologies
- Proven DevOps experience in large infrastructure environment, big data platform experience
- Automation experience in private or public cloud, relevant qualifications and certifications.
- You must be an Australian citizen and will possess or be willing to go through the process to obtain and maintain a (Baseline, NV1 or NV2) personnel security clearance.
What you'll get in return
The chance to work in an interesting environment and the latest data technologies as well as a 12 month contract is on offer.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV. Call Liam O'Meara on 02 62579802 or email Liam.email@example.com for any questions relating to this role.
SA Licence number : LHS 297508