This is an excellent opportunity for a Senior Developer or an experienced people leader to join an organisation that is one of the best in their field! This role is a mix between 30% hands on development and 70% people leadership.
Our client has been established in Brisbane for over a century and is continuing to grow year on year! As the Queensland leaders within their field, they pave the way with innovation, creating a positive social impact and providing a great platform for success. If you are looking for an organisation that will support your learning and help you progress your career, apply now!
- Analysis, design, implementation, installation and maintenance of information technology systems and its infrastructure.
- Technical project management of significant information technology projects
- Manage team members to meet day to day operational and project management objectives.
- Conduct staff performance reviews, mentor team members, encourage open communication with staff and clearly define objectives.
- Consult on the technical aspects of information technology to Information Technology Services clients
- Assist the unit manager in matters of budget preparation, development and improvement of business processes and strategic and long term planning
- Liaise with technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Investigate, evaluate and report on new equipment, systems, processes and standards
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage people, projects, and budgets in the delivery of quality IT services to meet diverse client requirements in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Experience in providing technical leadership to developers, systems analysts or technical engineers.
- Extensive experience building web applications using PHP MVC frameworks such as Symfony2/3 or Laravel, or similar in alternative Tech stacks (e.g. Java Spring MVC)
- Extensive experience working with relational databases such as Oracle, MySQL, MariaDB, PostgreSQL.
- Experience in providing estimates and/or negotiating contracts.
- Experience with agile development methodologies specifically SCRUM.
- Demonstrable experience in dealing effectively with clients.
Benefits for you:
- 7.25 working hours a day
- Flexible work arrangements including 9 day fortnights
- Leave loading
- Extra paid leaves (compassion leave and Xmas period)
- Salary Packaging
- Fitness passport, access to onsite Sports teams and many other onsite facilities
To apply online please click the 'Apply' button below. For a confidential discussion about this role please contact Alexander Kostowski on +61 7 3414 6105