At Red Hat, we connect an innovative community of customers, partners, and contributors to deliver an open source stack of trusted, high-performing solutions. We offer cloud, Linux, middleware, storage, and virtualization technologies, together with award-winning global customer support, consulting, and implementation services. Red Hat is a rapidly growing company supporting more than 90% of Fortune 500 companies.
The Red Hat Consulting team is looking for a Senior Project Manager to join us in Melbourne, Australia. In this role, you will manage high-complexity projects to successful completion from initiation, through delivery, to closure. You'll coordinate with cross-functional teams to complete distinct projects both on time and within budget. You will play a key role in our customers’ evolution in enterprise development and help make our solutions both practical and workable for their businesses.
- Integrate and use specific industry and technical delivery methodologies, e.g., project management methodologies based on the Project Management Institute (PMI), Red Hat Services project management methodology, system and software development, agile, or scrum
- Guide project planning, scheduling, monitoring, and reporting activities for Red Hat Services projects with minimal direction
- Manage projects while achieving utilization and revenue targets
- Establish appropriate metrics for measuring key project criteria; develop project control and reporting procedures and manage changes in operational plans
- Work with cross-functional teams on project proposals, bids, contracts, estimates, and schedules; contribute to the project estimation and review process
- Manage project requirements and scope and change management issues
- Develop and effectively present and communicate content
- Coach and mentor junior-level project managers
- Plan, schedule, monitor, and report on activities related to projects
- Coordinate with the Resource Management Office (RMO) to manage project staffing requirements
- 5+ years of experience in a project management role in IT-based projects
- Working knowledge of and experience with project management tools and methodologies
- Bachelor's degree in a related field
- Solid interpersonal, leadership, and analytical skills with business insight
- Ability to work as part of a team and on your own; ability to motivate project team and individual contributors and mediate conflicts
- Excellent customer-facing and internal communication skills
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and handle multiple priorities
- Project management certification is a plus
- Technical experience and knowledge with Red Hat-related solutions is a plus
Red Hat is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, veteran status, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Red Hat does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or CVs from recruitment agencies. We are not responsible for, and will not pay, any fees, commissions, or any other payment related to unsolicited resumes or CVs except as required in a written contract between Red Hat and the recruitment agency or party requesting payment of a fee.