An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Senior Data Engineer to join one of Brisbane's largest and most technically advanced organisations.
Our client is a nationally recognised industry leader. They are making a conscious effort to push through the inherent challenges of large scale technical transformation, and as a result they are making excellent headway in their ongoing efforts to implement some of the latest technologies in Business Intelligence, Cloud and Machine Learning.
Key responsibilities in this ongoing contract will include:
- Design, implement, and maintain cloud-based data platforms providing access to large datasets.
- Resolve critical and complex technical issues within AWS and on-premises data warehouses and pipelines.
- Build robust and scalable data integration (ETL) pipelines using SQL and AWS data pipelines.
- Collaborate with business customers, gathering requirements and delivering complete data asset solutions.
- Continually improve ongoing reporting and analysis processes, automating or simplifying self-service support for customers and technology teams.
- Manage and co-ordinate between internal business partners, acknowledging Security, Network, Architecture and Service Management requirements.
- Ensure solution quality
- Operationalise Machine Learning Models
Skills and experience required:
- Expert in cloud-based data platform and data warehouse solutions (using AWS Redshift or similar).
- Expert in cloud-based data integration tools (using AWS Glue or similar)
- Expert in using business intelligence reporting tools.
- Strong experience building/operating highly available, scalable, distributed systems of data extraction, ingestion, and processing of large data sets.
- Strong experience in software development, data engineering, business intelligence, data science, or related field with a track record of manipulating, processing, and extracting value from large complex datasets.
- Experience in providing technical leadership and mentoring to other engineers for best practices on data engineering.
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management on data engineering strategy and data management best practice.
- Experience in designing for security and compliance.
- Experience in ensuring fidelity and reliability.
- Experience in designing and implementing for flexibility and portability.
- Exposure to streaming services such as Kafka or Kinesis would be beneficial.
- Flexible working and genuine work-life balance.
- Excellent learning and career development opportunities, community programs and volunteer days.
- Awesome new office space in Brisbane CBD.
- Regular social activities and events.
- Vibrant, relaxed but professional culture.
To apply online please click the 'Apply' button below. For a confidential discussion about this role please contact Christopher Mitackis on +61 7 3414 6103