The Network Solutions Architect plays a lead role in the delivery of projects and programmes driving the IT strategic change.
The Network Solutions Architect plays a lead role in the delivery of projects and programmes driving the IT strategic change. A key contributor to the design and implementation of the solution ensuring that IT systems meet the required high standards in the areas of non-functional requirements particularly availability, capacity, performance, security and BCP. This role will be responsible for ensuring all Corporate-related solutions delivered are engineered in accordance with the infrastructure standards/patterns and align to the overall enterprise roadmap of the end customer.
• Work closely with business management to determine business process and productivity needs and an appropriate technology strategy to support business goals.
• Triaging business problems and requests, taking decisions on whether to route these into either elaboration or delivery projects/programmes
• Analyze technical needs, requirements, and state of the network’s infrastructure design, integration, and operations.
• Decomposing business problems and mapping them to strategic technology architectures
• Producing or providing input into Line of Business roadmaps
• Producing strategic Technology Target State elaboration roadmaps
• Identifying strategic technology opportunities and canvasing business support
• Technical leadership of customer projects and oversee solution implementation
• Product selection and capability testing for specific technology and versions
• Proactively review customer solutions and propose improvements and strategic direction, anticipating client goals
• Develop design principles, models, plans, internal standards, budgets, and processes based on industry best practices.
• Lead teams of other network designers and engineers in developing detailed designs and quality-control mechanisms during implementation.
• Establish governing principles for network design and deployment.
• Participate in selection of networking technologies and products for implementation
• Continually update understanding of business and technology status and objectives and respond to strategic design requests as the business evolves
• Building strong partnership relationships with customers through presales and thought leadership activities
• Managing vendors and suppliers
• Promoting common delivery standards and processes
• Developing white papers and presentations at industry related conferences
• Experience of using automation tools and technologies for build and deployment
• Performance planning, measurement and impact assessment
• Creating , Updaing Highlevel and Low Level Design documents
• Provide help to operations team in complex troubleshooting requirements
• Manage Client relationships and perform ServiceDelivery activities.
• Understanding of OSI Model, IP Protocol suites and Quality of Service.
• Understanding of IPv4 & IPv6 IP address planning and implementations.
• Product experience in Cisco,Juniper,F5,Riverbed,Cisco Nexus.
• Network – WAN/LAN/WLAN/MAN/MPLS/VPN and data communications technologies.
• Expertise in Routing and switching protocols – BGP, EIGRP, OSPF,HSRP,VRRP,LDP,RSVP, STP, RSTP, MSTP,Multicast,Policy based routing
• TCP/IP packet analysis
• Experience in complex MPLS/BGP WAN design and implementation
• Data Center Virtualization-Architecture and Design Capabilities,Product Expertise in CISCO NEXUS 7000, 1000V, OTV,Consolidated I/O, Fibre Channel
• Understanding on Managing Switches/Routers/Load blanacers/WAN Optimizers.
• Advanced Knowledge of Routing, Switching,WAN Optimization and Load balalncing
• Understanding of advanced network technologies and solutions including IPv6, MPLs, BGP, EIGRP, OSPF, HSRP, multicast, policy-based routing, ether-channel, QoS, traffic-shaping, Load balancing, VPN tunnels, WAN Optimization.
• Clear understanding of 802.11a/b/g/n Wi-Fi standards and related components
• Excellent Knowledge on Wireless Controller and Access Points implementation and troubleshooting including setup/configure wireless network (controller / Access points)
• Design, plan, establish, and optimize wireless networks.
• Develop wireless network infrastructures and make recommendations on systems enhancements for optimization.
• Knowledge of Cisco Nexus 5k,7k and 9k and Riverbed steelhead CX,DX and EX series.
• Experties in BIGIP F5 (LTM and GTM)
• Load Balancing, including priority group activation and connection limits. Persistence concepts
• BIG-IP GTM: Global Traffic Manager - Installation and Licensing, Accelerated and Intellegent DNS Resolutions, LDNS Probes and Metrics, DNSSEC, iRules, Synchronization, DNS Integration, iHealth
• BIG-IP LTM: Local Traffic Manager - licensing, provisioning, network configuration, local traffic configuration, Dynamic load balancing methods, Traffic processing through virtual servers/ SNATs, Configuring high availability, Traffic behavior modifications with profiles
• Advanced BIG-IP LTM configurations - VLAN tagging and trunking, SNMP features and packet filters
• Configure Cisco Nexus 7k 5k series
• Configure ASA firewalls, Cisco Next-Gen firewalls experience, MPLS, F5 expertise
• CCIE/CCDE/CCAr, JNCDS-DC, JNCDS-WAN, F5-CA, F5-CTS, F5-CSE, Riverbed
Our client is prepared to offer an above market salary along with a diverse range of Network projects with many tier 1 mining clients.
To apply online please click the 'Apply' button below. For a confidential discussion about this role please contact Christopher Butcher on +61 8 9215 9529