Australia - Northern Territory, Alice Springs
AECOM has an opportunity for a IT Project Manager supporting our program in Alice Springs, Australia.
- Creates and implements project definitions, schedules, budgets, and objectives for one or more medium sized projects of low to moderate complexity. Prepares detailed statements of work and gains concurrence and approval from stakeholders regarding various project aspects and adjusts accordingly. Participates in delivery assurance reviews to ensure adherence to project management policies and procedures.
- Assists in the staffing of projects. Organizes project team members to ensure communication and understanding of deadlines, assignments and requirements. Participates in work as applicable.
- Manages costs, schedules and quality by overseeing project deliverables. Ensures schedule and budget are met. May revise as appropriate.
- Performs ongoing review of project status; identifies possible project risks. Recommends and implements risk mitigation solutions as approved and as appropriate.
- Works in conjunction with team members and stakeholders to manage changes to technical requirements, business requirements and schedule of the project. Provides input on possible changes needed based on current project status.
- Manages client, company and project team expectations for agreed upon project performance by obtaining and providing project metrics. Recommends changes or alternate paths based upon performance and metrics.
- Oversees assigned personnel for projects to include vendor and sub-contractor management. Assigns work and provides direction with regard to timeliness and completion of project objectives. Addresses performance issues within prescribed guidelines. Provides performance input upon completion of project.
- Active TS security clearance is required.
- Bachelor's degree in, Information Technology, Computer Science, Information Systems Management, Engineering or related field preferred
- Minimum 5 years’ experience managing projects of similar size, scope and complexity
- Minimum 2 consecutive years’ of supervisory experience
- Experience working with project management methodology such as PMI/PMP, SDLC. This would include: budget development, project planning, control and assurance methodologies, project management, software and finance, and accounting concepts and practices
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills with a focus on customer relationship management
- Energetic self-starter
- Ability to communicate before an audience of peers and seniors
- Possess significant verbal and written skills
- Experience working in an enterprise IT, construction or infrastructure fit up environment desired.
- PMI PMP certification
- CompTIA Security + certification
- Understanding of the Risk Management Framework (RMF) and tools
- Demonstrated experience in IC IT systems including implementing INFOSEC policies and procedures.
- Experience working with client vision, business objectives, and critical success factors
- Experience working with configuration management principles and appropriate procedures relevant to area
- Experience working with techniques and approaches related to the architecture, development, integration, and deployment of project phases
What We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is
pioneering the future . Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions
inclusion, diversity and overall
employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our
core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only
delivering a better world , but working to “make amazing happen” in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.