Reporting to the IT Infrastructure Manager, the role of a Database Administrator is to implement, upgrade, support & administer all internal & cloud SQL Servers.
The Database Administrator is responsible for ensuring databases and associated systems are organised and maintained to provide security, stability, and continuity of service.
• Replication setup, maintenance & monitoring
• Maintain physical database design – monitor storage requirements, implement database partitioning to improve disk read/write performance
• Ensure Database Consistency Checks are run regularly to identify new Data Corruptions issues so they can be repaired with minimal data loss.
• Ensure relevant Databases are backed up regularly to provide optimum recovery points.
• Regularly validate Database backups by restoring to DEV/TEST/UAT environments.
• Participate in DR Testing with IT Operations and provide advice on how to improve on the process.
• Detail hardware specification requirements to IT Operations for any new SQL Servers
• Assist IT Operations with the testing and evaluation of new SQL Server hardware as required.
• Install and Configure SQL Server as per agreed standards covering Live, Dev, Test, UAT and Cloud environments as required.
• Identify New Service packs\Hot Fixes to be applied to Live SQL Servers.
• Provide database design advice to the development team
• Assist in product development - including code reviews and performance testing
• Provide replication setup & support for cloud-based applications
• MS SQL Server 2012 \ 2016 T-SQL
• MS SQL Server Reporting Services
• Microsoft Azure
• Excellent troubleshooting skills
• Organised, priority focused & excellent communication skills
• Relevant Industry Qualifications
• Software Development
• Report Development
• Data modelling
• Commvault Backup
• Redgate SQL Clone
This company will provide you with initial training, you will have ongoing coaching and professional development throughout your career. They have recognition programs to reward and acknowledge team members who excel in their role and live and breathe our Leadership Principles.
To apply online please click the 'Apply' button below. For a confidential discussion about this role please contact Christopher Butcher on +61 8 9215 9529