- Initial 6 month contract
- $78 per hour + super
- CBD Location
An opportunity has become available to join this Government Department focused on providing Education services to the public as a Business Analyst assisting across enhances to a large-scale Reporting Intelligence System, driving insights into data.
As an integral part of the team, some further responsibilities will include:
- Provide strategic advice and analysis related to the development and maintenance of analytics architecture to ensure useful and meaningful data is available to inform quality executive decision making.
- Provide expert advice on matters relating to systems functionality and capability of Power BI and SSRS reporting software and gaining insights using visualisations and reports.
- Provide leadership and support to multi-skilled teams and act as a bridge and subject matter expert (SME) between business and technical stakeholders in designing, developing, testing and delivering solutions.
- Provide a high level of expertise in establishing and documenting ICT business and system requirements through a range of structured research and analysis techniques including, but not limited to facilitated stakeholder workshops, surveys and consultation meetings.
To be successful in this role you will demonstrate the following:
- Familiarity with SQL and other system databases, data elements, and application software solutions to maximize data gathering and data analysis
- Analytical/Statistical output creation, critical thinking and analysis, creative thinking, problem solving and decision making.
- Highly developed business analysis skills to:
- Elicit requirements and develop Business Requirements Documentation
- Identify issues and gaps
- Recommend operational and technology improvements
- It would be advantageous to have:
- Experience working on projects within a large government organisation
- Prior experience and knowledge of the DoE environment and ECEC data
- Experience in the use of Power BI
If this sounds like your next career move - APPLY NOW or contact Tiffany at Eden Ritchie Recruitment on (07) 3230 0018.